Thursday, November 10, 2011

Less rest/ More work

I'm not a big fan of cardio. I only hop on a treadmill to perform HIIT or to cool down/recovery. Some people love cardio and that is great however, keep in mind THIS post. So, some of you may be wondering how I keep my caloric burn and heart rate up. Well, I incorporate my cardio into my weight training. Some of you who I may run into at the gym will notice, I don't stand around, chat, or take rest periods lasting longer than about 45 seconds. My work outs are designed in super set format, and I usually perform 4+ circuits. This keeps my heart rate up the entire time and I continue to burn calories longer post workout. Now, on my strength training days, I do something a little different because my goal isn't focused on burning fat it's to build strength and muscle. The burning fat just happens. So, I add whats called a dynamic interrupt. These come in real handy when you are waiting for a piece of equipment that is being used when the gym is too crowded ;) It's designed to keep your heart rate up. So in between circuits I perform a series of body weight exercises. Such as; jumping jacks, mountain climbers, push ups, lunges, squats and plank. It usually lasts for about 2-3 minutes. Visit HERE for a leg workout you can use as a dynamic interrupt.
In summary, cut your rest time down, stop socializing, stay moving, and push yourself! You will see results!

I will be posting a shoulder work out this weekend to start off your new week next week!

CONTEST: vote on both of my polls for 5 points! Just make sure you let me know you voted. (easy) I'm working on a post and it's based off these results!
If you are new to the contest, I have labeled all posts with, "contest". These posts include small challenges that help you earn points. You can also use that to get caught up!
Don't forget to check the comments from THIS post! There are some awesome recipes! Thanks to all who shared!

Thanks everyone!

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
~John Quincy Adams~

8 comments:

  1. I voted! I want a beautiful booty...! ;) everything else just comes naturally...haha!!! yeah right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted too. I'm with Erin about the booty, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i voted on both too. thanks for telling us about the way you set up your workouts. would you maybe write out an example of what days you work what muscle groups or do you do whole body training most days? and do yu do abs every day or just one day? thanks amy! i am loving all your helpful advice:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted on both. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about carbs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. voted on both and put on fb:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1092218935

    looking forward to the shoulder workout!
    thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Voted! Help me with the post babies belly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been thinking about this post for several days. Would you post some other dynamic interrupt exercises you would suggest for someone perhaps on an extremely busy day where you can't get a set routine in, but you could throw in something like jumping jacks for a minute or so in between events in your schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your participation!