Saturday, November 26, 2011

6 pack Ab/cardio workout

I had an awesome Thanksgiving weekend. I hope all of you did as well.  I always enjoy being with family and enjoying good food.  I was able to get ALL my workouts in plus a couple added ones for good measure.  I will say, I'm glad it's over. It's time for a little damage control.  This is the ab/cardio workout I do every week.  It's tough, and it's set up as 6 circuits.  The idea is to complete this work out in 45 minutes.  My PR is 49 mins.  Yeah, it's tough.  Try to rest as little as possible but don't compromise form.  Keep your core tight and back straight. (belly button to back)  Good Luck!


Weighted crunch  3 sets of 10 reps
Stability ball crunch 3 sets of 10 reps
Stability ball Jackknife 3 sets of 10 reps
at this point you can rest 45-60 sec


Jumping jack 2 mins
Running high knees 30 sec
Plank 30 sec
rest 45-60 sec


Mountain climber crossover 3 sets of 10 reps ea. side
Stability ball plank touchdown 3 sets of 10 reps ea. side
Russian twist 3 sets of 10 reps ea side
rest 45-60 sec

You will then do a HIIT session
Walk 1 min/ Sprint 1 min 5 sets



Side plank 3 sets 30 sec ea. side
Weighted v-up 3 sets of 10 reps
Plank twist 3 sets of 10 reps
rest 45-60 sec


Lateral hops 3sets of 30 sec
Burpee 3sets of 30 sec
Squat jumps 3 sets of 30 sec

Don't forget to stretch and cool down. This is an intense work out and it will defiantly challenge you. I hope you enjoy it! I DO!

CONTEST: This one is simple. For every person that you get to "like" my new Facebook page, you get 1 point! just make sure you let me know who they are for full credit

"Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence."
~ Vince Lombardi

Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading through it and watching the videos! thanks for the full work-out post! I look forward to discovering my long-lost, hidden stomach after the baby is born! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amy- i think i got 4 people to like your facebook page. michelle falk, valerie johnson, taylor carver kirsten banks. going to try this workout this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Jackie! Thanks so much! Let me know how this work out goes for you...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your participation!