Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Legs That Get Noticed

Legs That Get Noticed: Here is an exercise I use at the end of my leg workout to really burn out my legs. I also use them throughout my workouts on non-leg days to keep my heart rate soaring, tapping into fat burning mode.

Here’s How
1. From a standing position, lower your body into a split squat
back leg- stand on the ball of your foot with heel raised
keep your core tight
keep your chest up
2. Quickly switch directions and jump with enough force to propel both feet off the floor (scissors kick)
3. Repeat, alternating between each leg

Try This
At the end of your workout or for a warmup:
Split squat jumps for 30 seconds (count these every workout to see how you advance)
Rest 30 seconds
Repeat for a total of 5 minutes
Your legs will be SCREAMING!

168% -> That’s the percentage increase in core activation when people think about tightening their abdominals, according to a Utah State University study.

http://www.flaviliciousfitness.com/

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Amy I think it would be great if you could put video's up of these exercises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great exercise! I'm definitly going to try your leg work out, I have been looking for something that would really work and make me feel like my legs are working hard! Awesome!!!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your participation!