Monday, September 19, 2011

Let's get started!

Ok, I wanted to first update you on the Purify system I'm taking. (www.zrii.com/purify) So far so good. I have definitely noticed less bloating. My stomach feels lighter. This is just after one full day. I'm excited to see what the next few days brings.

Now, LET"S GET STARTED!



I'm really excited about the response I have received by starting this blog. I know there are so many out there who are looking to begin the lifestyle changes necessary for a healthy new you, and there are those who just want to tone up and lose those last 5-10 pounds. This is exciting! My first piece of advice is, set a goal. Whatever it may be, for example; I'm currently working on lowering my body fat percentage by 2% by the new year. That is my goal! Someone may want to increase their mile time this week, or lose 10 lbs in 30 days, or even stay at a healthy rate of weight gain during pregnancy. Whatever it is, be specific, and set a date. Next, find a support system. This is SO important! You need to surround yourself with positive influences. There are going to be times you want to give up, and you need someone who will lift you up and encourage you. Ok, once you have accomplished those two important steps you can continue. By the way, I hear I'm a good motivator ;) I would be happy to help.



Let me ask, how many of you have ever used positive affirmations? If you have not, let me tell you, THEY WORK! I'm a firm believer in them. The idea is, it will take you 30 days to change the way you think. I encourage ALL of you to write down 3 affirmations and put it somewhere that you will see it EVERYDAY. Let me share with you mine, "I love my BUTT!" "I have energy!" "I am strong!" These are personal to me. They all started out as things I thought I didn't have or didn't like about myself. Every morning and night, read them out loud to your self, and mean it. In 30 days you will start to believe it! TRUST ME!



WOW! That is my wellness advice for you today. You need to do these 3 things before you start your journey. This is for everyone no matter the circumstance or fitness level. Please try this, I would love to hear back from you!



Now for my healthy nutrition tip!




Everyone needs to cut out or extremely cut back on..........SUGAR! Here is why, sugar has been proven to be the cause of several diseases, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer. Sugar consumption also causes hormonal imbalances due to high levels of insulin and blood sugar. These hormonal swings affect your attitude, and ability to concentrate. Well, that is good enough reason for me. :) So, some of you may be saying, "well, I don't eat that many sweets..." Let me challenge you all to look at labels. Sugar is in almost everything that is processed. Be aware of how much you are consuming.



There is GOOD NEWS! Don't get too mad at me yet. There is an awesome alternative. I use the word alternative and NOT substitute because the sugar substitutes or aka Splenda, Nutrasweet, and Sweet'N Low, are even worse for you and you need to STAY AWAY from them! Stevia is my favorite. It takes the place of sugar in my house. You can get it at any grocery store. It's a no calorie, all natural alternative. It doesn't trigger a rise in blood sugar either. I love it!






Well, I hope you were able to take something from this post. Please leave any comments you may have....I'm up for conversation!


Have a great day!



"The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: decide what you want." - Ben Stein












1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thanks Amy for sharing:) I am excited to follow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your participation!