Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fresh Start!

Wow! It feels like it has been FOREVER! I love my new Internet.  We have been without for about a week.  Now, it time to get caught up.  I love the beginning of the year!  It's a great time to start fresh, hence the new blog look. What do you think? Anyway,  I  LOVE resolutions, as long as they keep changing every year.  Weight loss seems to be at the top of the list for most people.  I know my gym has been a little fuller since January 1st and statistically speaking, most of the newbies will be done by February.  NOT GOOD!  For those of you who have made resolutions, I have a few tips you could try to turn those resolutions into habits.  First of all, write them down where you can SEE them everyday and read them.  I like to use a dry erase marker on my bathroom mirror.  Next, is to find a partner! It is so much easier to have a support system.  You always want to surround yourself with people that support you, and that are headed in the same direction as you.  For example, a work out or running partner is awesome!  You are less likely to skip a gym session or a run if you have to call your partner to cancel.  Third, is to set a time line.  Some people set a resolution for the year and that can be overwhelming.  Set a date!  For example, be sugar free for 3 weeks.  By setting a date, you can see an end point. Once you get to that end point, reevaluate your goal.  Push yourself to the NEXT level. You will soon see that your way of thinking will change.  Keep in mind, it takes 3 weeks to make something a habit.  You can do it!  I have a post that I did a while back that has some more good info. Visit Here

Here are a couple updates:

I will HAVE my CPT by Feb. 17th! WHOOT! I did take some time off in December to enjoy the season.  My family also celebrates 2 birthdays and an anniversary.  We love to party but It feels great to be back.

that means...

The CONTEST is almost over!  There are a few of you who are rockin it! As a refresher, this is what I'm giving away:
10 personal training sessions by ME! valued at $500.00
1 Purify Cleanse and Detox system valued at $130.00
30 day supply of Zrii Achieve, all natural meal replacement valued at $108.00

If you want to get caught up or are NEW you can still do so! I have labeled all challenges under the contest label. Or, visit RIGHT HERE to get started.

I have some chest and back exercises to show you, I'm just waiting on the video...I will have that up this weekend.

CONTEST: In the comments, leave your thoughts on New Year's resolutions. Love/Hate or any tips you have for keeping them. 5 POINTS

Thanks everyone!
"Take control now. Forget about the negative thoughts which others have told you - that you are too old or too young. Stop letting the thoughts of others rule your life; stop being weak and cowardly, blaming your lack of progress on those negative programs. If you begin now and become a do-er, you will have earned your right to remain here."
~Thomas D. Willhite~

5 comments:

  1. My fitness goals for 2011:
    1. run 6 1/2 marathons (already signed up for 1 in Jan and 1 in Feb!)
    2. cross train at least twice a week

    I have my training calendar that I look at every day at work, and cross off the previous day- it REALLY helps me to have something to train for..the fear of throwing up during a race gets my butt out the door when I don't feel like it:) Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm, that was supposed to be for 2012:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goals resolutions started a few months ago, so I am still working on those instead of making new ones. For me, any kind of fitness goal has to be in the context of a way of life, and not a temporary fix/change. Keeping my mindset on doing things I enjoy as well as things that are difficult helps me truck through on those days I don't really feel like working out.

    That being said, my continuing goals have to do with lowering my body fat percentage, losing a few more inches, and increasing my upper body strength.

    The thing that helps me keep my goals is deciding each day that I have another fresh start and empowering myself to make good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is so important to have something to work towards. I love this time of year because it is the time when we can look at our goals again and refocus.
    I'm similar to Alicia in that I have been working on mine for a few months already and I am continuing to work on them:
    1. Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (only 5 more pounds!)
    2. Get my family eating healthier meals too. I have already been eating healthier, but I need to incorporate that into the family meals now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for you! so close you your certification :)
    i like setting goals alright. i really try to set small goals througout the year. i am terrible at thing like " i will lose 10 lbs this year" so i make monthly goals in these areas- health, home, spiritual, financial. i do pretty good but i could certainly do better. i start at small in hopes of creating a habit that becomes second nature!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your participation!